What to keep in mind when storing your belongings:
- Check your furniture for possible hidden food items. Food and other perishables attract rodents and pests which could lead to serious damage to your belongings.
- Cover your furniture with plastic or sheets in order to best preserve it and avoid dust build up.
- Place items that you might want to access more frequently at the front of your unit.
- Label your boxes so that it is easier to locate items you may want to access in the future.
- Purchase insurance to cover your stored property.
- Clean your stored refrigerator and leave to door ajar when storing to avoid mildew.
- Stack your goods vertically to create the most space. Avoid stacking items too high so that they are difficult to reach or risk the chance of falling.
- Don't store any combustibles: paint, gasoline, kerosene, motor oil, lamp oil, cleaning fluids, and any other hazardous or flammable materials.
- Visit your storage unit regularly to check on it as you are the only one with access who could do so.
- Complete a "Change of Address Form" if you change your address, phone number or name. We are unable to accept these changes over the phone.
Check out our self storage Buena Park, CA, near Fullerton, CA!